LucyTheReader

Queen of Contemporary

I run a YA and Teen book blog but do review other things, too. My blog, Queen of Contemporary, has been running since April 2012.

Agnes Grey
Angeline Goreau, Anne Brontë
The Testing
Joelle Charbonneau
Shift
Kim Curran
The Bone Dragon
Alexia Casale
Will Grayson, Will Grayson - 'John Green',  'David Levithan' I am a huge fan of John Green and his books so when I was given the opportunity to review this book, I jumped at the chance. Co-written by David Levithan, this novel is written by two of the best YA authors.What happens when two people with the same name meet? When Will Grayson and Will Grayson’s lives collide, a journey of discovery and (quite a few) hilarious moments begins.I think this is one of the hardest review I have ever written. How are you supposed to write about the characters when two of them have the same name?!The first chapter in this novel is written by John Green and from the first sentence, I was hooked. John Green’s Will Grayson was this lost figure who was unhappy, even though he hadn’t realised it just yet. There was one scene that made me want to hug him so badly, but he’s just a fictional character so it’s a bit of an impossibility! I am extremely jealous of John Green; he writes such amazing charactersDavid Levithan’s Will Grayson was quite complicated, but in a good way. It took me a while to get used to the way his parts were written but I got it after a while and actually thought it was interesting.Although not a main character, Tiny really did have a huge part in this novel. Without him it wouldn’t have felt complete. He was just so funny and a character I’ll miss now that I’ve finished the novel.I really loved the plot idea. The whole concept is intriguing and I couldn’t help but put myself in their shoes- how would I react if I met someone with the same name as me?This is a beautifully written novel that made me laugh at many different times. This book is definitely going on my favourites list.