LucyTheReader

Queen of Contemporary

I run a YA and Teen book blog but do review other things, too. My blog, Queen of Contemporary, has been running since April 2012.

Agnes Grey
Angeline Goreau, Anne Brontë
The Testing
Joelle Charbonneau
Shift
Kim Curran
The Bone Dragon
Alexia Casale
Catching Jordan - Miranda Kenneally The blogosphere was crazy about this book last year and so when I saw it so cheap on the Kindle store I knew that I had to buy it. My thoughts? Miranda Kenneally is a genius!Our main character, Jordan, is so awesome that I just want to move to Hundred Oaks so that I can be best friends with her. Her dedication to football (American football to all English people) was admirable and she was a really good role model. I liked the fact that she wasn't particularly girly and didn't have a lot of friends besides the ones on her team. She also had a lot of problems at home. Her dad was incredibly annoying and I really did want to shout at him.Ty Green was your typical jock character. Yes, I enjoyed reading about him but there was something holding me back throughout. There was something off about him. I did feel sorry for him though, so I wasn't completely heartless! His past did explain the way he reacted in certain situations.Now on to, SAM HENRY! I loved him right from the start! He was Jordan's best friend and I really loved their relationship. There were times in the novel when I could have screamed at him (you'll understand if you've read the novel!) but they were special circumstances.I was left reeling at the ending. I couldn't believe that it was left so amazingly but I also couldn't believe that Miranda Kenneally was a mind reader! It was written exactly as I would have ended it. It was definitely the definition of perfect!