LucyTheReader

Queen of Contemporary

I run a YA and Teen book blog but do review other things, too. My blog, Queen of Contemporary, has been running since April 2012.

Agnes Grey
Angeline Goreau, Anne Brontë
The Testing
Joelle Charbonneau
Shift
Kim Curran
The Bone Dragon
Alexia Casale
Attachments - Rainbow Rowell You can see my review hereImagine this: there I am, ill, sat on the sofa and the something drops through my letterbox. It's a package and when I open it there are books inside. Magical. One of these books is Attachments and I put down my re-read of City of Bones especially to start it. Yes, I was that desperate to start this book.Attachments is about a guy called Lincoln whose job it is to check the emails sent by employees of The Courier, a newspaper house where Beth Fremont and Jennifer Scribner-Snyder work. Beth and Jennifer both have a habit of sending each other emails throughout the day and the majority of them get flagged up.Written in both third person and through email correspondence, Attachments was a book that I added straight to my favourites shelf after reading it. I loved the way it was written, I loved the characters; I loved everything about it.I was immediately drawn into the book and loved Beth and Jennifer straight away. Their emails really added a humorous tone to the book and I'd be happy to read a book entirely about their emails.I think the novel thing about this book (excuse the pun) is that it's set in a time when people didn't have smart phones to hand and WiFi. I was also pleased because one of the emails in the book was sent on the day I was born and so that made me very happy.As I've already read Eleanor & Park and Fangirl, this was the last of Rowell's books that I had to read so I don't know how I'm going to wait until Spring 2014 for her next, Landlines.