LucyTheReader

Queen of Contemporary

I run a YA and Teen book blog but do review other things, too. My blog, Queen of Contemporary, has been running since April 2012.

Agnes Grey
Kim Curran
The Bone Dragon
Alexia Casale

Emma Hearts LA

Emma Hearts LA - Keris Stainton I've been meaning to read this book ever since I read and enjoyed Jessie Hearts NYC, and I'm so glad that I finally have because I loved it just as much. When I saw this at my library I actually squealed, causing my friend to give me a rather odd look.When Emma's mother is offered the opportunity to move to LA, Emma isn't exactly pleased. But once there, will Emma enjoy the LA lifestyle? After all, with celebrity Alex and geeky Oscar, why wouldn't it be fun? Emma, the main character, is a very familiar face. After finding her interesting in Jessie, I was excited to read more about her. I was really pleased to find that Emma was even better in this novel! She had an added depth and I liked seeing another side of her. We have two potential love interests in this novel: Oscar and Alex. Oscar was incredibly kind and sweet. I loved his character so much and liked the fact that we could see how much he had changed over the years through Emma's eyes because it felt a lot more personal. Alex's character was well-developed and it was evident what he was like from the start.(Can you tell which team I'm on?!)Emma Hearts LA had a very strong plot line and was beautifully written. My only fault with it was that it didn't include Finn. Yes, he was mentioned, but I wanted a scene! Maybe now is the time to admit that I may be slight obsessed with him...But now I can obsess over Oscar's singing! Do you think I could buy an album?!This is a book that I really enjoyed and would highly recommend to anyone who is a fan of contemporary fiction. It is also a brilliant opportunity to be transported to LA from the comfort of your own sofa (or train seat, or bed, or wherever you're reading it!). Emma Hearts LA is a novel jam-packed with humour and romance.